Also Follow North End Subaru On...

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Subaru dealer sells sumo wrestler-damaged Forester...

Subaru of Canada made the ad I featured in my last blog with sumo wrestlers lounging on the hoods of new Foresters. Funny, but not as much to a customer who bought one of the Foresters and found sumo-related dents after he took it home.


The owner told a Subaru forum that he didn't even know his car had been used as a sumo sofa until he complained, "So I picked up my new 2011 Subaru Forester last weekend. Drove it home, parked in the sun to get a good look, and much to my dismay, noticed small imperfections in the hood... as if someone placed something heavy on the hood. Not really dents... just areas where the light reflections show up shallow imperfections. At first I wasn't going to complain, thinking "it's not noticeable unless you really look..." but every time I looked...there it was."
He continued, "I drove back to the dealer (Don Docksteader in Vancouver), and they said, "no problem, we will take care of that for you... must have happened when we shot the latest Sumo Wrestler Ad...","

The estimates for traditional repair run $2,500, thanks to that magical body-work inflation where one dent ripples across several panels; apparently the dealer had six other vehicles that will need fixing due to the shoot. Maybe Subaru Canada should always try animation first.

No comments:

Post a Comment